Dating A Celibate
In life, you’re usually in a relationship, situationship, it’s complicated or single. Of course, sex is everywhere, so how does celibacy & sex co-exist.
It’s the first date, you can feel the rising heat, and sexual tension burning right in front of you.
It’s a struggle to look anywhere else for both you. He’s looking at you, like a cold milkshake on a hot day. You’re looking at him, like a tall dark coffee, no cream, no sugar.
However, you’re celibate for personal reasons, and this doesn’t shape your outlook. You still love doing normal stuff & hanging out with friends.
So a man is wondering, about how he can get to know you better but still cautious around you. Naturally, he cares but he’s very new to this.
So here are a few tips to help him out.
1. Don’t rationalize that it’s a phase of her life that will end soon instead respect her beliefs.
2. Decide if you can survive in a sex-less relationship. If the temptation to cheat is too high, then just leave her.
3. Communicate with him/her, and understand where they’re coming from. This will help you understand how long they plan on staying celibate. Is it till marriage or till a strong emotional connection happens?
4. Don’t try manipulating or pressurizing them into sleeping with you.
5. Don’t assume that they can’t care deeply & intensely just because they choose not to be intimate with you.
6. Don’t make assumptions about their past since celibacy can be practised by anyone regardless of experience.
7. You can still do fun stuff with them, don’t label them as boring and leave them.