Want to coil your hair without spending a bomb? Do you have the patience to attain that quirky look all by yourself? If yes, we need to talk about Finger Coils. Finger coils are super easy to do if you are willing to spare some time and effort. They are even more fun to do if you have a habit of twirling, curling, or coiling your hair with your fingers. Here’s a guide to creating those perfect curls using an easy method.
But first, let’s talk about what fingers coils actually are.
What Are Finger Coils?
Finger coils are the curls that are done using your fingers. This style is obtained by dividing your hair into multiple sections and twirling them around your fingers to create coils. If done perfectly, the coils can last up to two to three weeks.
So, why should you get finger coils? Scroll down to find out!
Reasons You Should Style Your Natural Hair In Finger Coils
- Finger coils are easy to achieve without using many products.
- It’s a simple and effective styling technique that does not harm your tresses.
- This DIY method makes your hair look great without spending big bucks at an expensive salon.
- Finger coils do not require much maintenance.
- If done well, the finger coils can last up to three weeks.
- If you want to try out dreadlocks and are unsure about how they’d look, you can start off by experimenting with finger coils.
Now that you know the amazing benefits of this styling method, let’s check out how it’s done.
How To Do Finger Coils
What You Need
- Curl enhancing cream
- Wide-toothed comb
- Water in a spray bottle (optional)
- Rat-tail comb
- Hair clips
- Blow dryer with a diffuser attachment
There are three steps involved in finger coiling your hair.
- Exclusive Interview With Kevin Outa Founder and Design Director of Deep End Clothing - June 12, 2019
- AfroliciousKe - June 10, 2019
- Keyara Organics - June 10, 2019
- Harvest of Sunshine - June 10, 2019
- Exclusive Fashion Interview With Founder of Ngiri giri Bags Suzanna Haller - June 7, 2019
- Patricia Kihoro - June 6, 2019
- Saru Organics - June 4, 2019
- Binti Naturals - June 4, 2019
- Love Tess Botanics - June 4, 2019
- Liku by Squeezie - June 4, 2019