» Elizabeth Yemi Akingbade Creative Director and Fashion Designer Nigeria
Elizabeth Yemi Akingbade Creative Director and Fashion Designer Nigeria
Print and Fashion Designer Elizabeth Yemi Akingbade graduated from the University of The Arts London in 2013. She soon launched a fashion line, Yemzi, with a small range of printed organic tops. Influenced by a British upbringing with a working-class white foster family in the English seaside, she dreamily re-contextualizes her newly-embraced rich Nigerian culture with her West African-inspired ready-to-wear line.
Yemi Collection from SS18 Look book
The designer’s first collection, presented in 2015, set the premise for African inspired, print-led, contemporary designs. Tired of seeing Dutch wax enthusiasts limited by the same designs, Elizabeth-Yemi digitally prints exclusive ethically conscious luxury fabrics guided by the aesthetic of the West African diaspora.
Content Courtesy Of Elizabeth Yemi Akingbade & Nairobi fashion Hub
- Golden Globe Awards 2019 Red Carpet - January 7, 2019
- African Dresses - December 28, 2018
- why Africa is the next big thing for fashion industry - December 27, 2018
- Quiin Abenakyo wins “Miss World Africa” title at Miss World 2018 - December 9, 2018
- Her Network Woman Of The Year Awards 2018 - December 6, 2018
- Designer Anita Beryl makes her return to The Abryanz Style and Fashion Awards ( ASFAS 2018 ) - December 3, 2018
- The Jw Show - November 11, 2018
- FAMS NG Release their Latest Collection #FamsSS19 Dubbed TOWÚNMÌ (The One I Desire) - November 5, 2018
- Meet Fashion Leader In Kenya Ann McCreath Founder and Head Designer at Kiko Romeo - October 20, 2018
- Meet the Four Musketeers of Modern Fashion in Africa - October 1, 2018