Step 1: Cleansing, Moisturizing, And Detangling Your Hair
- Start off by cleansing your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and a good conditioner that locks in moisture.
- If you don’t want to wash your hair, just dampen it by spraying water all over it. Make sure that your hair is not dripping wet.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner to your hair and use a wide-toothed comb/brush to remove all knots and tangles. Detangling makes your ends look smooth and frizz-free.
Step 2: Dividing Your Hair Into Sections
- Divide your hair into two sections using a rat-tail comb and clip them up.
- Divide those two sections into more sub-sections (depending on how thick or thin you want your finger coils to be) and apply a curl-enhancing cream/gel from the roots to the tips.
Step 3: Creating Coils
- Once you’ve applied the curl-enhancing cream/gel, start picking up small 1-inch sections of hair at a time and twirling them with your fingers from roots to tips. You can pick up smaller or larger sections of hair, depending on the length and density of your tresses.
- Twirl your hair as close to the roots as possible and till the very ends. You can apply more curl-enhancing cream if you want to add more definition.
- Alternate the direction in which you twirl your hair to give your coils a more natural look.
- Continue this process until all your hair is completely coiled. The time required to coil your hair varies according to its length and density.
- Blow dry your hair with a diffuser to maintain the curl pattern formed by the finger coils.
- Make sure that the coils have dried completely before styling or separating them. Use a curl-refreshing spray to eliminate frizz. You can also use a hooded dryer to dry your hair quickly.
Wasn’t that super easy? You just need to keep practising this method to get the hang of it and do it more quickly. Now comes the big question: how long do finger coils last? Swipe up to find out!
How Long Do Finger Coils Last?
With the right products and good maintenance, finger coils can last up to three weeks. But, keep in mind that you cannot wash your hair during this period. So, stock up on your favorite dry shampoo!
Don’t worry about spoiling your finger coils while sleeping. Check out the next section to find out what to do to prevent that from happening.
How To Sleep With Finger Coils?
To have a good night’s sleep without worrying about your finger coils, you need to tie your hair up in a pineapple bun and wrap a silk or satin bonnet around it. You can also apply a little bit of coconut or olive oil to the coils to hydrate and add luster to them. Wash your bonnet once a week to prevent any product that is built up on it from transferring to your hair.
Refreshing your coils is super simple and does not require many products. Here’s how you can do it…
How To Refresh Finger Coils
If your coils are looking a bit dry and disheveled and you want to refresh them, you can do one of two things. You can apply a hydrating dry shampoo. Or you can mix some water and leave-in conditioner in a spray bottle and spritz it onto your hair. Doing this once or twice a week can help you maintain those finger coils for a bit longer.
Follow this simple method to rock these classic curls with zero hassle. Have any more questions about finger coils? Let us know in the comments section below, and we’ll get back to you!
Content Courtesy Of Style Craze & Nairobi fashion hub
- Jumia partnered with Maybelline NY to celebrate the Cleftie Lip and Palate Women ahead of National Lipstick Day celebrated on 29th June. - December 7, 2019
- Top 20 Beard Styles for African Men - October 15, 2019
- How to Style Your Beard - October 15, 2019
- Natasha Sinayobye and Stallone Lubwama Are Satisfashion UG’s September 2019 Cover Stars - September 2, 2019
- MADE IN AFRICA S/S 2020, CLOTHES, CULTURE, CONNECTION AFRICAN FUSION FASHION BOWS AT NYFW - August 21, 2019
- Timeless Fashion Forum - August 14, 2019
- Lira Molapo becomes the first African Woman to have a Barbie doll in her honour - August 8, 2019
- Meet the Ugandan Who dressed Miss World Vanessa Ponce De Leon - July 29, 2019
- Oliver Nakakande Crowned Miss Uganda 2019/2020 - July 26, 2019
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara Primer/Base - July 17, 2019