Founded in 2007 by Emmanuel Bagwana, Eguana Kampala is a ready-to-wear Afrocentric brand based in Kampala, Uganda. The brand considers ‘African prints’ its signature, and a variety of colours and patterns are incorporated into each design.
Working primarily with denim, satin, cotton, and lace, the brand has shown at fashion weeks both in Africa and abroad. With the goal of showing the world that both Uganda and Africa as a whole are a mix of people, places, and patterns, Eguana Kampala aims to give African fashion a universal and versatile appeal. Recently, the brand has attracted attention for its SS’18 bomber jackets.
- Top 20 Beard Styles for African Men - October 15, 2019
- How to Style Your Beard - October 15, 2019
- Natasha Sinayobye and Stallone Lubwama Are Satisfashion UG’s September 2019 Cover Stars - September 2, 2019
- MADE IN AFRICA S/S 2020, CLOTHES, CULTURE, CONNECTION AFRICAN FUSION FASHION BOWS AT NYFW - August 21, 2019
- Timeless Fashion Forum - August 14, 2019
- Lira Molapo becomes the first African Woman to have a Barbie doll in her honour - August 8, 2019
- Meet the Ugandan Who dressed Miss World Vanessa Ponce De Leon - July 29, 2019
- Oliver Nakakande Crowned Miss Uganda 2019/2020 - July 26, 2019
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara Primer/Base - July 17, 2019
- Meet Wendy Atieno CEO and Founder Of Zuni Care - June 25, 2019