Fashion Players in Kenya Donated Free Face Masks to Residents Of Kasarani
Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry ( KNCCI ), in partnership with several fashion players came together on Thursday April 16th to donate free Corona Virus masks to residents of the Kasarani community in Nairobi.
Today the Fashion industry players in Kenya Led by JW and Brenda teamed up to help donate free masks to the Kasarani community in partnership with the Kenya National Chambers of commerce, powered by JW SHOW ,Marumara creations, Suit guru,Hando Africa Designs,Sibala Group, Standard Media and KBC grapevine.
Kenya has so far managed to produce 1 million face masks to help in the fight against the new coronavirus, Plans are underway to produce an additional 60 million masks with CS Maina saying Kenya’s four biggest fabric manufacturers will be supplying the needed fabric,The locally produced masks which have been clinically approved have three layers; an outer layer, a filter and an inner layer and can be used by everyone including health workers.
Players in Kenya fashion industry involved in #Mask4All campaign
Marumara Creations, Suit Guru, Hando Africa Designs
In partnership with @JWShowOfficial @kenya_chamber @ExportsKenya @KAM_kenya teamed up to donate free masks to the Kasarani communitypic.twitter.com/SSUTRob1gz
— Oscar Alochi (@papafavour) April 19, 2020
Led by the Cabinet Secretary in the Ministry of Industrialization, Trade and Enterprise Development, Hon. Betty C Maina, the government officials approved and commended the local traders for their noble effort in assisting the government to fight the deadly pandemic.
” Covid-19 challenge has given us an opportunity to re-discover our innovativeness. We need to celebrate our innovators: CS Industry and Trade ”
Hon. Betty C Maina
When to use a mask
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); discard immediately in a closed bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
When and how to wear medical masks to protect against coronavirus?
- If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19.
- Wear a mask if you are coughing or sneezing.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- If you wear a mask, then you must know how to use it and dispose of it properly.
Content courtesy of The Jw Show, Kenya Fashion players WHO & Nairobi fashion hub