The 13th Annual Ankara Fashion and Music Festival is presented by Peter Lentini in Los Angeles, With Wande Coal and Yemi Alade as the stars
On September 2–4, Labor Day Weekend, the largest African cultural festival in the United States returns to feature African fashion designers and musicians.
The 13th Annual Ankara Fashion & Music Festival Los Angeles will bring together Africa’s best performers over Labor Day Weekend to turn up the heat with style and performances from top musicians (AFLA).
Seyi Brown, a Nigerian actor and comedian who will serve as the event’s host over the course of three days, will introduce works of art, African fashion designers, live performances, and musicians who represent some of the continent’s best cultural exports.
The largest African cultural gathering in the United States is the Ankara Fashion & Music Festival Los Angeles.
This year’s event will have an array of musicians, artists, actors, dignitaries, fashion designers, and entertainers with African roots, including:
1. Yemi Alade (Afrobeats Singer, Songwriter, and Actress)
2. Wande Coal (Afrobeats Singer and Songwriter)
3. Titi Lokei (Afrobeats Music Artist)
4. Nola Ade (Nigerian American Music Artist)
5. Nadia Mukami (Kenyan Music Artist)
6. Ada King (Afropop Artist),
7. Super Model Nyakim Gatwech (“The Queen of Dark” AFLA Red Carpet Host)
8. Njeri Karago (Kenyan Consulate)
9. Mame Mbaye (Senegal Consulate)
10. Robert Sichinga Jnr. (Zambian Consulate)
11. Salie Rayhana (South African Consulate)
12. Grant Arthur Gochin (Honorary Consul of Togo)
Peter Lentini, a well-known Afrobeats DJ who was reared in Lagos, Nigeria, formed the AFLA. Lentini is a self-made American success story who, for the past 15 years, has provided a diverse range of entertainment through event production and concerts featuring African performers all over the world.
The Ankara Fashion & Music Festival Los Angeles was founded by Lentini to promote entrepreneurship by increasing the visibility of African artists across a variety of industries and to create a social environment for African cultural pride in the United States.
“The emergence of African artists and culture at this period is quite fascinating. There is no denying that Africa has had a significant impact on American culture, as evidenced by the introduction of Afrobeats, which is now a staple of popular music.
With some of the top musicians from Africa, this festival will continue to emphasize the distinctiveness of African music, fashion, and entertainment, according to Lentini.
The three-day event begins on September 2 and ends on September 4. Wande Coal will perform as the opening night’s main attraction at Catch One. The African Marketplace Pop-Up and Afrobeats Day Party will take place at The Fountain LA on the second day, starting at 2 p.m.
A runway fashion display with live African music will start at 5 p.m. on the last night at Exchange LA. At 8 p.m., Nigerian singer Yemi Alade will perform live. The evening will conclude with a Red Carpet event.
Celebrities confirmed to attend and walk the red carpet:
1. Folake Olowofoyeku (CBS series “Bob Hearts Abishola”)
2. Bayo Akinfemi (CBS series “Bob Hearts Abishola”)
3. Sammi Rotibi (Actor “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice”)
4. Yinka Rythmz (Music Artist) Fanatic aka Billie Lennox (Grammy Award Winning Multi-Platinum Record Producer)
5. Isaac C Singleton Jr (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl)
6. Jimmy Jean-Louis (“Claws” TV Series and S.W.A.T”) and many more.
Catch One: 4067 West Pico Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90019
The Fountain LA: 2889 W Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90006
Exchange LA: 618 S Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90014
Peter Lentini and Ankara Fashion & Music Festival Los Angeles (AFLA)
Deborah Griffin, Publicist
Ankara Fashion & Music Festival Los Angeles (AFLA) – (on-site press contact)
Yvette Morales, Publicist
YM & Associates PR | Marketing | Branding
Ankara Fashion & Music Festival Los Angeles – VIP Talent & Media Executive Director
Noah Ogun Oluyide
Top Dreams Universal