Perfect Foundation For Your Skin Tone
Not every woman is blessed with beautiful and flawless skin! Some are troubled with acne, scars, pimples, while some may face dryness or over oilness. But then those of this imperfect skin are blessed with Makeup!
Further, face foundation makeup is most important for a flawless skin!!! The right foundation for your skin tone is necessary to get all the other makeup right in place.
Simple Makeup Tips To Choose Right Foundation For Your Skin Tone
Know Your Skin Tone
Firstly, it is very important to know your skin tone to choose the right foundation. The right skin color will help you ease the further task of applying makeup. Wrong shades of foundation can ruin all the effort you take to get the right makeup look. Therefore read below to understand how to pick the right shade.
Check the colour of the veins under your wrist.
- Green Veins: Warm Tone (You have yellow undertones, so go for foundations having yellow undertones.Yellow undertones go well with all skin tones.)
- Blue Veins: Cool Tone (You have pink undertones, so go for foundations having pink or cooler undertones)
- If you are balanced between cool & warm tones, then go for neutral shades.
Know Your Skin Type
To choose the right foundation i.e liquid, loose powder, compact or others, it is important to know the skin type. This procedure will help you completely avoid the risk of harming the skin. For example, when you know that your skin is prone to sun burn, it will help you pick the foundation that offers SPF protection.
- For Dry Skin: Opt for oil / water based foundations which blends seamlessly & keeps skin hydrated. Dry skin women can benefit out of tinted moisturizers for light or sheer coverage, while cream based moisturizers also are good for medium to full coverage.
- For Oily Skin: Opt for oil free foundations that have matte finish. Pressed powder foundations are also a good option for oily skin because they soak all the oil to keep the skin fresh for long. Mineral makeup also claims to work well with oily skin.
- For Combination Skin: This type of skin can experiment with water based foundations to pressed powder foundation depending on your skin condition.
- Mineral based foundations are suitable for all skin types and are highly recommended for sensitive skin.