Types Of Dandruff And How To Treat Them
Tips To Prevent Dandruff
With Hair Products
- There are tons of over-the-counter anti-dandruff shampoos that you can use to get rid of dandruff permanently. All you need to do is pick one up that contains one of the following ingredients:
- Salicylic acid
- Selenium sulfide
- Coal tar
- Zinc pyrithione
- Some vital nutrients that you need to include in your diet to prevent dandruff are zinc, B vitamins, and fats.
- Avoid going in for chemical hair treatments like perms, hair colors, and relaxing.
- Brush and wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo regularly.
- Abstain from piling on hair styling products onto your hair and scalp.
With Natural Methods
- Fenugreek seeds: Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds overnight and grind them into a paste. Apply this paste all over your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash it off with soapnut (reetha) and water.
- Olive oil: Massage your scalp with olive oil for 10 minutes and leave it on overnight. Wash it off with water and a mild shampoo the next morning.
- Apple cider vinegar: Mix 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in 2 cups of water and pour it all over your scalp after shampooing it. Massage it in for a few minutes before washing it with water.
- Baking soda: Mix 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice into a bowl of apple cider vinegar. Apply this paste all over your scalp and leave it on for 10 minutes. Wash it off with water.
- Tea tree oil: Add a few drops of tea tree oil to coconut oil and massage it onto your scalp and hair. You can leave it on overnight before washing it off with a herbal shampoo.
- So, as you can see, you don’t need to spend a bunch of money to get rid of dandruff. Just making a few changes in your hair care routine and making use of home remedies can help you put an end to this problem effectively.
Content Courtesy Of Style Craze & Nairobi Fashion Hub