Ever wondered how African women stay in such good shape? Irrespective of their age, they all have shiny wrinkle-free skin with no flaps, parentheses, etc. on their faces. It always makes me wonder, is it a miracle or some gift? No ladies, it is neither a miracle nor a gift, but they have some beauty, makeup, fitness, and diet secrets that almost every African beauty follows. This is what makes them flaunt their perfectly shaped body and beautiful face every time they are seen.
Photo Credit : Joyce Adjes
First let me reveal the African beauty and makeup secrets in front of you all:
African Women Makeup And Beauty Secrets
1. Mostly all African women have a dark complexion, so many of them don’t use makeup until they are 17. After their teenage, they use makeup which is specially made for dark complexion. The most popular makeup they use is of Black Opal, which features a wide range of cosmetics that help to correct, cover and enhance the dark complexion. It is one of the main secrets which make African women look so beautiful.
2. In their daily routine, they use toners instead of any other creams or gels. It gently removes the bacteria in it and helps in preventing skin breakouts.
3. While washing the face with water, they massage in an outward circular motion with their fingers. This helps in skin tightening. They don’t wash their face more than three times a day.
4. Many African women believe that having dry skin is bad, and on the other hand they also oppose the use of harsh chemically treated moisturizers on their skin. So they moisturize their skin using olive oil, shea butter & cocoa butter.
5. Before going off to sleep, African women try to refrain from applying any night creams. Instead, they warm up their favorite natural moisturizer and apply it to their faces. After 10 minutes, they wash it off using lukewarm water. They also ensure to get at least 7 hours of sleep.
These are some of the most important makeup and beauty secrets of African women.
African Women Diet And Fitness Secrets
1. African women are very much concerned about the food they eat. They mainly eat fish, fruits, cereals, and veggies. Their main meal is lunch. They still use the traditional cooking methods where baking in ashes, grilling beside a fire, steaming food in leaf wrappers, frying in oil, roasting is involved which helps in maintaining the natural vital nutrients of that food.
2. They drink a minimum of ten cups of water daily, to stay hydrated.
3. They walk at least a mile every day. If walking is not possible, they work out in their homes, but exercising is a must according to them.
4. They avoid using palm oil. Instead, they use sunflower or olive oil.
5. As compared to women from the other part of the world, Africans consume less amount of alcohol or any other hard drinks. They avoid it because they know alcohol increases fat in the body which results in weight gain.
6. Most African women are seen sunbathing. A moderate amount of sun exposure has many benefits like its killing bad bacteria. It helps in fighting any fungal infections, acne, or eczema. Sunlight can cure depression and build the immune system. So, these women are seen sunbathing along the coastline, which is also one of their fitness secrets.
Content Courtesy Of Style Craze , Joyce Adjes & Nairobi Fashion Hub