Best Hair Care Tips and Treatment for your Hair
- Oil your hair: Oiling your hair before washing it is probably the best thing you can do for your mane. Massage some coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil onto your hair and scalp an hour before getting into the shower to pre-condition it.
- Use lukewarm or cool water: Hot water can damage your hair in the same way that the heat from heat styling tools does – by dehydrating your hair and causing split ends. So, always wash your hair with either lukewarm or cool water to close the hair cuticles and retain the moisture in it.
- Dilute the shampoo: We’re all prone to using 2-3 pumps of shampoo when washing our hair. But the harsh truth is that shampoo strips your hair of its natural oils, leaving it dry. To prevent that from happening, dilute 1-2 pumps of shampoo in half a mug of water and then use that to wash your hair.
- Gently massage: Don’t rub your head harshly when shampooing it. Instead, gently massage your scalp and hair with your fingers in small, circular motions while shampooing it to prevent excessive tangling and damage.
- Apply conditioner only on the ends: A big mistake I made for the longest time was applying conditioner all over my hair from root to tip. However, I have since learned that doing so can create a lot of buildup on your scalp. So, apply conditioner only from the mid-length to the ends of your hair and wash it off after 2 minutes.
- Don’t wash your hair every day: The last and most important tip for washing your hair is this – Don’t. Wash. Your. Hair. Every. Day. While you may think you are being very hygienic, all this will do is dehydrate and damage your hair, strip it of its natural oils, and make it more prone to breakage and hair fall.